A domain name is the first step in establishing an online presence used for a web site address: www.domainname.com.au and email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A good domain name sends a crystal clear message about who you are and what you do. It makes it easier for customers to find you, and means more eyes on your business.
The extension (.com .com.au) tells readers ‘where’ you are.
There is the choice of registering a ‘new’ domain name or purchasing a ‘pre-registered’ domain name. Both are explained below.
Ripefruit is an authorised reseller of all domains including Australian (.com.au) and International (.com) domain names.
We manage and secure our clients’ domain names providing full protection.
New Domain Name
- 2 year registration term.
- Password protected administration.
- Locked access for total protection.
*** SPECIAL AU$60.00 + GST ***
Normal Price: AU$99.00 [Inc GST]
.com, .net, .org, .com.au, .co.uk, .co.nz, .info, .biz, .id.au
Registered through an official accredited Australian registrar**
**Registrar: TPP – A division of Melbourne IT
How To Order
Domain names may be ordered online or by telephone.
- Online: Domain Name Search & Order
**Before calling, please email the details to ensure spelling accuracy | Send Here
Information required to register an Australian domain name (.com.au)
- Full business name, address, telephone and email address
- Australian Business Number (ABN)
- ICANN – Australian Registrants’ Benefits and Responsibilities
Pre-Registered Domain Names
The benefits of buying a ‘pre-registered’ domain name are:
- Age and history – search engines reward aged domains
- Suitability – domain names with flair
2013 – Update – Multiple Domain Names*
In the past, there was an advantage to owning multiple variations of domain names. Mainly from a search engine point of view, key-word domain names had ranking advantage but this is no longer the case.
The remaining benefits of owning multiple domain names are:
- to prevent competitors registering and sitting on them
- prevents mis-spelling competition
- for surfers who type a domain name directly into the address bar
Domain Name Scams (and now spam)
We get calls asking about “letters” they have received about their domain name
- Ripefruit never send renewal advice by post, always by email.
- Our correspondence is clearly marked as Ripefruit.
In most cases, the letters our clients receive are domain name scams | read more about domain name letters (post)
Clients Domain Name Management
Clients may login and manage their domain names here: